Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Monday, July 18th, our neighborhood got together for a movie & treat night!
We had lots of fun and lots of treats.


I absolutely love our neighborhood!
We have the best neighbors and so many fun little neighbor kids always around.

Since the invitation said to Bring a Treat to Share....you know I was on top of that!
I decided to make Magic Cookie Bars; I hadn't made them in years.

1/2 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1-14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 1/3 Cups Coconut Flakes
1 Cup Chopped Nuts


Start by pre-heating the oven to 325 degrees.



(I LOVE my Ninja! I would highly recommend it to everyone - It does EVERYTHING)

 








Smushy smush...or chop - but that's not as fun


Smushy smush - not as much this time though

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. YUM


I love love love these bars, they are delicious and super easy!

After these were done baking, we headed across the street for the movie.
Okay, so the movie didn't start right away...


We had to wait for the sun to go down and the husbands (Nate & Nate) to get the projector set up.
(Meanwhile, they had some music playing)

And........





...some entertainment, for sure! They were so funny!
It was almost as if they hadn't heard music before...that or they are ROCKSTARS and nobody told me.


Definite highlight of the night :)


 But the sun eventually went down, and the Nate's eventually got everything ready...
(my husband is so hott)

  ....and then came the movie....
(can anyone tell what is is??)



It was a nice night, I got to cuddle up next to my hubby on a blanket and (almost) stay awake through an entire movie!

But, we weren't the only love birds enjoying the movie together that night...
(these two are inseparable - its SO cute)



"Oh no, she caught us eating all the treats"
"It's okay, just smile and pretend she can't see them"



What a fun night!
I absolutely love where Nate and I live, the neighbors, the friends.
It's great, I don't ever want to move.
I feel very blessed to live where we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment