Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The past week and a half has been wonderful. We celebrated Christmas here in Utah then went on our trip down to Arizona for Christmas!

A couple of days before we left, Nate and I decided to have our Christmas at home. (We didn't put up our tree this year since we weren't going to be home for Christmas.) 










After we opened our gifts to each other we went and dropped off some Christmas treats to our neighbors and friends. I made Peppermint Popcorn Crunch. It turned out really yummy!



When we got home, we got a knock at our door. It was the Durrant children, they live right across the street from us. They had a gift for us and we opened it while they were there. I'm pretty sure I started tearing up but I  didnt let the kids see. This is one of the sweetest gifts we have ever received! They went through each of the rocks telling us who was who, from the oldest child to the youngest.



Once the kids left I felt I HAD to try out all of my gifts! 1. Snuggie  2. Beanie  3. Fuzzy Socks  4. Pink Water Bottle  5. Adele Concert DVD & CD. Man, my husband sure does know me, and well!
 




We got to AZ a couple of days before Christmas. My mom asked as soon as we got there if I was pregnant, touching my tummy. I had to keep it a secret for a couple of days with loose shirts as to not spoil the Christmas surprise. I told her we were waiting till next year and for Nate to get a raise at work. Somehow we were able to convince them I wasn't pregnant yet.

Christmas morning, after most all of the gifts were open, we gave our gifts to my mom, my dad and my sister. They opened them to find the fun photo calendars like I have made previous years.



As they flipped through looking at the chosen pictures, my mom was the first to flip to June.  She saw the ultrasound first. She looked at it, looked up at me, jumped up and then screamed.



She started crying, along with April. My dad had not yet seen the picture and was a bit confused on what was going on. My mom yelled "They are gonna have a baby!" My dad yelled "What!" with the biggest smile on his face, holding back the tears. It was the best reaction from everyone I could have hoped for. They are so so so excited for baby to come into this world. They have all already planned to make a trip up when baby gets here! The best thing was we got it on video!

(quality on here isn't that great because blogger wouldn't let me post high res...which i realize i'm okay with because you cant tell how bad i look from just waking up!)



Our first family picture :)



We have such a great family and I cannot wait until they meet our baby.



I also got to see a couple of great friends while I was in AZ and we told them the news in person! First was Kelly (who surprised her family by coming home for Christmas from Belgium after a year of nannying.) It was so exciting to see her because it has been over a year since I have seen her in person! After her opening the door and jumping on me with a hug lasting forever, then another one because that's how much we missed each other, I pulled her aside and said, "I gotta tell you something." She knew instantly without me even telling her and the hugging continued, along with some squealing! It was so great! It was fun seeing her and indulging in the real Belgium chocolate she brought home!

(picture from Christmas 08)


Next was Clarissa! She planned a 5 year high school reunion for us with 2 of our best friends from high school. I went and picked her and her adorable kids up from home and as she buckled them in I stood behind her, waiting to give her a hug, holding my ultrasound picture on my tummy. She saw it and was so excited!! We talked about it the entire way to drop her daughter off at her sister-in-law's house. I was so excited to finally tell her because it was hard keeping it to myself. I can remember back when we were in middle school and high school, planning our futures and always planning to raise our kids together. Unless they move to Utah by chance, they are going to have to learn how to Skype :) Dinner was fun seeing Julie and Kelly (and Kenny, Kelly's fiance). It was just like old times, eating at BJ's - except we didnt get a Pazooki. It was great catching up and hearing about their lives now.


Then...

Now.




Before we left AZ I told my mom and sister that I wanted to go shopping for maternity clothes since I hadn't yet, and I wanted to with them. So we went and I found 4 great pairs of jeans and a cute coral color shirt! I always thought it would be so hard to shop for maternity clothes since 1. I am so picky to begin with and 2. I am tall, most jeans are too short on me. It was fun shopping. Nate came in my dressing room and put on that pillow thing to see how the clothes would fit when I get bigger....it was weird! The pillow was all bumpy and not smooth so it wasn't realistic at all. It just made me laugh.

We had such a fun time and cant wait to take another trip down before baby comes :)

2 comments:

  1. i loved the video! thanks for sharing! (& yes, i totally cried) i love that photo of us at girls camp, so cute! is it on fb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No its not on facebook, its from the pictures i digitized at work. im sure ill post them on facebook eventually :)

    ReplyDelete