Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

We got to make the exciting announcement today:



The previous posts that talk about it were not published until just now, so only our parents and siblings knew. But today we got to tell everyone!

I had a doctors appointment earlier today that was actually a little nerve wrecking. I went in and did the normal routine, and then it was time to check for the baby's heartbeat with the doppler thing. (My doctor doesn't do an ultrasound each time.) When she put it on me there was no heartbeat. She checked around for a while and still nothing. I was relatively calm though because I have been mentally prepared this pregnancy that something might happen. I think I am just more aware of the possibilities and I don't want to be completely caught off guard if something goes wrong. So the doctor said, "Let's go to the ultrasound room and check." I got on the table and as soon as she put the thing on my tummy I could see our peanut, and peanut's little heartbeat. I was relieved and so happy that he or she was ok. Peanut must have been sleeping because he/she wouldn't move until the doctor jiggled my tummy. Then it was soooo cute watching he/she move around. I didn't have any unplanned ultrasounds with Landon so it was fun to see suck a little thing in there moving :) 

We are so excited that our family is growing and so excited to have gotten to share the great news! Now I don't feel like I have to hide anything (belly, sickness, tiredness, etc.) any longer :)

1 comment: