Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

For years, I have wanted to become a "runner."
But I never had the stamina to run more than 30 seconds at a time; I didn't think I'd ever get there.
I had participated in 5k's and 10k's when I was little (walking mostly) and I loved the feeling of being a part of something and crossing the finish line.
Well this past September I did a 5k with a friend, again walking a lot of it, but I pushed myself through and ran more than I thought I would. I hadn't really "trained" for it like I should have, I just ran on my treadmill for a couple of weeks as long as I could. 
I loved the 5k and was so motivated to do more. 
Of course I didn't touch the treadmill again.
Until I got my iPhone and discovered a 10k training app.
It boosted my motivation all over again, as well as m friend Mina in AZ that said she would do it too.

So, today was day one. 
5 minute warm up walk, alternate 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds walking - for a total of 20 mins, then 5 minute cool down walk.
I'm not going to lie, it was brutal.
There was even a couple of times I had to jump on the sides the catch my breath.
I felt so embarrassed that I am this out of shape, but I am not giving up.
I am determined to run a 10k in the spring!

Photo: Day one of Couch to 10k = completed. #sooutofshape #justkeepgoing





No comments:

Post a Comment