Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

May was a pretty fun month!

The first week, Nate and I got to swim in his parents new pool for the first time. It was sooo nice and relaxing. It was kind of strange being in a pool while being 7 months pregnant...it kind of made me feel I wasn't pregnant anymore because all of the weight felt as if it disappeared. 


It was nice, but at the same time it made me want our boy to be here so he could really swim with us! We are excited to take him in the pool :) Meanwhile, Nate and I get to be silly in the pool and act like little kids!


Also that week, the wives in my cul-de-sac threw me a baby shower! They were so sweet and generous and I had such a good time :) I love these ladies!



(Emily, Vari, Me, Sarah)


The following week, Nate took me to one of our favorite places: The Wild Grape. The Wild Grape is a bistro in Salt Lake City where we have some great memories. This is the restaurant Nate took me for my birthday a few months after we started dating. It was such a romantic date that ended with an amazing gift of a matching sapphire ring and necklace.


Our second trip to the The Wild Grape was the night that Nate proposed to me a couple of months later. You can read that post
Here.


Our third time at The Wild Grape was on our wedding day. This is where we decided to have our wedding luncheon because it is so special to us. It was perfect; we had a great time!


So it was really nice to go back and visit since we hadn't been there since our wedding. I love love love this place for so many reasons. One reason being...Prickly Pear Lemonade:


This is what I had to drink on my birthday and I fell in love with it! So much so that is was one of our drink choices at our wedding lunch. I was pretty excited this time to order a Prickly Pear Lemonade, it was just as yummy as I remembered. I hope this restaurant never closes and we can visit there with our children.



That Sunday was Mother's Day. The days leading up to it Nate would say "It's almost your big day!" It was so cute and funny because he says this to people, usually being sarcastic. But when he said it to me t felt like he meant it. Saturday night when it was time for me to go to bed, he said "Tomorrow is your big day!" and then turned on some music on his phone. He turned on "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker and sang it to me. It was so sweet and I don't even think he knows how happy it made me. He really is the sweetest person I could ever ask for. He makes me smile so many ways and goes so out of his way to make me happy. The next morning while I was eating breakfast, he went out to the car and came back with a gift for me. He handed me a Sego Lily box! He opened up the service pamphlet and showed me what I was getting...a Maternity Massage and a Facial!
I was so excited and surprised at the same time. I wasn't expecting anything this Mother's Day but he must really love me :) He told me how he appreciates what I have gone through to bring this baby boy to our lives. It's definitely exhausting (and hot) at times but I feel blessed that I have had a fairly easy pregnancy.


The next day I was sitting in Nate's recliner watching TV and I felt baby's hiccups for the very first time. It was the cutest funniest thing ever! Most people don't know this about me but I LOVE getting the hiccups. They make me laugh so hard and then when I do that, my hiccups get even more intense. So when I felt baby's hiccups I couldn't help but laugh. I wonder if he will follow in my footsteps with that? (Nate was able to feel his hiccups a couple of weeks later. It was pretty neat.)

The following week was pretty busy. Tuesday was my 1-hour Maternity Massage...UH-mazing! Man it was so nice. I was worried that it wouldn't be as good as a normal massage since I obviously can't lay on my stomach. It was still just as good though! They had me lay on my side with a body pillow.



 Wednesday, which is Nate's day off, we went to McKay Dee and took a hospital tour to get prepared for being there for delivery.

It was nice to see the different rooms and learn the procedures for when we get there. Afterwards we went to lunch at another one of my favorite restaurants here, The Oaks. It is a indoor/outdoor place nestled in the tree's of the Ogden Canyon right on the river.

I love being able to watch the water go by as I eat. It is SO pretty! We went mainly to get a gift card for one of Nate's amazing co-workers, Laurie, and her husband Greg. These two people are so cool! They are from Boston and just the nicest people ever! One day when Nate and I were out shopping for a rocking chair/glider/lazy-boy for the nursery, we stopped in to his work to look up some places on the internet (since we hadn't had any luck with the places we already went to.) Laurie walked in to his office and asked what we were up to. We told her and told her what we were looking for, and she said to us, "I have one just like that, you guys can have it." We were kind of blown away at yet another generous offer, since we had been given so much already from friends and family for our baby. Laurie insisted we take it because it was just sitting in her basement wrapped up not being used. She said Greg got it to sleep in after his shoulder surgery and has never used it since. That night she sent us a picture of it and it was EXACTLY what we were looking for. We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives that are so willing to help us out!
The next day, Thursday, about 20 of the wives in my ward got together for an "Activity Bag Exchange." Here is where the idea came from. It was great and I am totally ahead of the game as far as activities for our little boy!

Friday I made an appointment to see a family doctor (since my OB wasn't in) because I had been experiencing some pretty stabbing chest pains for a while. I ignored them for the most part until a couple of nights it was unbearable. Nate suggested I see a doctor, which I hardly ever do, but with Long QT Syndrome running in my family I figured it was better to be safe than sorry. It turns out the doctor doesn't think I have Long QT (which I still could - he didn't want to harm the baby by doing an EKG) but he diagnosed me with Costochondritis: Costochondritis (kos-toe-KHON-dri-tis) is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone (sternum) — a junction known as the costosternal joint. Pain caused by costochondritis may mimic that of a heart attack or other heart conditions. Yeah..pretty darn painful.
And Saturday was the Hill Air Force Base Memorial Weekend Air Show: Warriors Over The Wasatch. We live super close to the base; we hear and see jets fly over our house every single day. I had never been to an air show before so I decided I was going to go. By myself (well, and baby boy.) If you know me well, you know I don't usually enjoy doing things like this alone, but I was determined. Nate had to work and I just really wanted to see it. So I headed up to Maverick, got a Caffeine-Free Diet Coke (my first time, I kind of loved it), some Sun Chips, and headed to find a place to park my car and watch. I had a perfect view in the parking lot next to the runway thing (I don't know what that place is called.) It was pretty cool watching the planes.
 I loved seeing the sky-divers jump out and all leave red smoke trails behind them as they came down. Pretty cool!

Lastly, the following Thursday, the 3 wives in our cul-de-sac and I got together for lunch for Vari's birthday. She didn't know if was for her birthday until we brought out a gift for her! Her, her husband, and their 5 kids are all taking their first trip to Disneyland this week and so we thought of putting together a Disney Trip Survival Basket for her. It consisted of 2 magazines, gum, soda, trail mix, an eye mask for sleeping, lotion, a mini first aid kit, ear plugs, migraine medicine, chap stick, tissues, hand sanitizer, heath bars, and sun glasses. It was great because when she opened it she said there were a lot of those things she actually still needed to get for her trip! And, the sun glasses looked cute on her :) It was fun sitting on her porch having Kneaders lunch (SO yum!) I love those ladies, I love that I live in such a great place with great friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment